[Sunhelp] Sizing a DNS server

Reagen Ward ward at zilla.nu
Sun Sep 24 12:42:36 CDT 2000

I'd wager your Quadra has better CPU than the IPX, but that's just me.
However, the IPX might could handle more I/O than the quadra, as many 040 macs
just weren't built for I/O.  Running BSD on the quadra would certainly help
its stability.

I had a lot of problems with MacDNS and keep it up, and it was barely getting
touched on a 7600.  I'd blame the application more than the hardware / OS.  If
you can afford to replace it temporarily, I'd suggest experimenting with
NetBSD on that quadra.

Reagen