[Sunhelp] Tape library recommendations

Scott Walker scott.walker at bellactimedia.com
Thu Sep 21 16:25:20 CDT 2000

--0__=LvcQbcFAbVEYHG60W6YPDIgrsr5PXJCPdd2dhoarsS8L4jZp5Gjd1veJ

Wow you get cheap hardware...

My last place bought a system to back up roughly 200-300GB of data, and cost us
$140,000

"Fletcher, Joe" <joe.fletcher at metapack.com> on 21/09/2000 04:52:57 PM

Please respond to sunhelp at sunhelp.org

To:   "'sunhelp at sunhelp.org'" <sunhelp at sunhelp.org>
cc:    (bcc: Scott Walker/MTL/BAM/ActiMedia)

Subject:  RE: [Sunhelp] Tape library recommendations

--0__=LvcQbcFAbVEYHG60W6YPDIgrsr5PXJCPdd2dhoarsS8L4jZp5Gjd1veJ

Hi,

Hope you've got some cash to spend on this. A DLT autoloader (800Gb) wi=
ll
cost you
around =A36-8 thousand UKP. Add to that another =A310-15K worth of soft=
ware if
you go via
the Networker/Netbackup route. You can shave this down a bit if you nee=
d a
lower capacity
system. There's no getting round the hardware costs. On the software si=
de
you might want to look at AMANDA.

Cheers

Joe