[Sunhelp] Fault tolerant system.

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:56:56 CDT 2000

Note that if you are connecting your storage arrays via SCSI you need to
ensure that none of the connected hosts has the same scsi-initiator-ids.

Other Fault tolerance Notes:

If you are using Solaris <= 7, and enable dynamic reconfiguration, ensure
that all diskpacks are connected to different boards, and that none are
connected to board 1. This will enable hot swapping I/O boards should one go
down. Tested out the hot swapping and it seemed to work well, although never
actually hot swapped on a production system ;-).

At the last place I was at we used Suns Cluster, and these were two of the
things I noted when setting it up. Other than that your wireing diagram
looked correct.