[Sunhelp] idle swap zeroing..

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Mon Sep 18 15:15:41 CDT 2000

Hi All,

I have a Sparcbook, and, despite what my power management settings are
(sol2.6) the hard disk never spins down for more than a second or two.
Then I read a message on the Sparc port NetBSD list, about zeroing the
swap file (page file) durring idle time.  Might that be what is causeing
my problem?  If so, how can I turn it off, should I want to (I'd guess
some programs may have problems with this?).

I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, so don't hesitate to
tell me that I've had my head in a pc too long.

-Jonathan