[Sunhelp] help!!!!!

Tom Jones tjones at statesman.com
Mon Sep 18 08:25:44 CDT 2000

The official word from Sun is that dual hosting of A1000s is only supported
when running SunCluster on the two nodes.

I have successfully configured dual A1000s connected between two E450s
two years ago without using any clustering software.  The first requirement
is to have the SCSI initiator ids be set differently between the two servers.
I used a modified glm.conf to accomplish this.  The other limitation is that
only one server can access the data at one time.  The best way to limit access
and usage is via a disk management package such as Veritas Volume Manager (what
we used) or Disksuite.

Tom Jones