[Sunhelp] E4500 memory question

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Sep 14 00:10:09 CDT 2000

Mirroring cache?  Is that only for redundancy, or what?  Won't that cause
some serious heat and cost problems?  Cache ram is NOT cheap, especially if
you're talking 16MB of it, running at, what, 750MHz?  I've seen a lot of
different things, and I seem to recall some CPUs having heat problems with
their off-die cache being too hot, but I'll have to check into that a bit
more, unless somebody know more about it here.  Later,
	Greg