[Sunhelp] E4500 memory question

Adams, Christopher CAdams at Starbase.com
Wed Sep 13 19:25:10 CDT 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C01DE2.3E521016

Hi Cindy...

We run a all SUN shop and have an E450 that has been serving as our
database.  Just last week it had a panic and rebooted.  The logfile stated
that the cause of the panic was an ECache error through CPU 03.  I have
spoken with SUN and was told that this "is not" a common error, but it seems
the more and more I ask other Solaris sys. ads. about it, the more I find
out that it is a "very" common problem with the E450s and a specific type of
CPU that runs on them.  I love the E450 and think that it is a great
machine, but I have to admit that the ECache problem did catch me off guard.
It has something to do with the ECache being developed by IBM.  Who knows,
but I vote for the E450 and SUN.

Good luck!

Christopher Adams
Los Angeles, Ca.