[Sunhelp] Problems with gmake in solaris 7

gonufer at yahoo.com gonufer at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 12:27:50 CDT 2000

> I have a Solaris 7 and i want to configure mico on it.=20
> I got these programs from companion CD of Solaris 8.
>
> When i try to execute gmake it displays
>
> ld.so.1: gmake: fatal error: librt.so.1: version `SUNW_1.2' not found =
> (it needed the file gmake)
> Killed
>
> How can I update this library?.

Upgrade to Solaris 8.  Solaris only guarantees application backwards
compatibility--- programs compiled on older releasse will run on newer
releases (with the usual exceptions).  You're trying to run a program
compiled on a newer release (Solaris 8) on an older version of Solaris
(Solaris 7) which is not guaranteed to work.

> Where I can get the gmake software for solaris 7?.

The sources for gmake are readily available (ftp.gnu.org) or you
can probably find a pre-compiled version of gmake (and lots of other
software) at www.sunfreeware.com.

-greg