[Sunhelp] xntpd services question

Adams, Christopher CAdams at Starbase.com
Mon Sep 11 16:40:27 CDT 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01C01C38.EB32C254

I would like to use one of my Ultra 10's running Solaris 8 as an xntp
server from which other Solaris 7 boxes will sync their time against.  I
have moved the /etc/inet/ntp.server file on the Ultra 10 to
/etc/inet/ntp.conf and invoked /usr/lib/inet/xntpd on this server.  On
the clients I moved /etc/inet/ntp.client to /etc/inet/ntp.conf and
changed the multicastclient entry in those ntp.client > ntp.conf files
to broadcastclient.  I have restarted each client's /usr/lib/inet/xntpd
daemons so that they may re-read the ntp.conf files.  I don't notice any
time syncing happening here.  Can anyone tell me or give me a simple
example of setting up an xntp server and client relationship?

Thanks Solaris geniuses!

------_=_NextPart_001_01C01C38.EB32C254

<HTML>
<HEAD>

5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>xntpd services question</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I would like to use one of my Ultra =
10's running Solaris 8 as an xntp server from which other Solaris 7 =
boxes will sync their time against.  I have moved the =
/etc/inet/ntp.server file on the Ultra 10 to /etc/inet/ntp.conf and =
invoked /usr/lib/inet/xntpd on this server.  On the clients I =
moved /etc/inet/ntp.client to /etc/inet/ntp.conf and changed the =
multicastclient entry in those ntp.client > ntp.conf files to =
broadcastclient.  I have restarted each client's =
/usr/lib/inet/xntpd daemons so that they may re-read the ntp.conf =
files.  I don't notice any time syncing happening here.  Can =
anyone tell me or give me a simple example of setting up an xntp server =
and client relationship?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks Solaris geniuses!</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C01C38.EB32C254--