[Sunhelp] Q about "mailx"

bhaveshpatel at tatatelecom.com bhaveshpatel at tatatelecom.com
Mon Sep 11 06:15:12 CDT 2000

Hello All,
I am Bhavesh Patel and this is my first Q to Sunhelp.

We have  Sun/Solaris (O/S Rel 5.7) (Call it machine A) and running Oracle 8i on
that.
We have NT (call it B) on the same network and on B we  have Lotus Notes Domino
Server as a mail-server (to send internet mail).

My desktop (call it C) is on the network.
All the three machines ((toA, B and C) can ping each-other. And I am accessing
my mails onto Lotus-Notes-Client.

Now my Q is here: To send e-mail (sending it to internet) from Unix (using
mailx), what
kind of configuration we need to do onto UNIX side? Right now - if I try sending
internet
mail (from UNIX $ prompt), it just laying there as if I have send mail using
mail,
command, and it gives following error when I do (UNIX) mail from the same
login-id:

. . . . .
BhaveshPatel at hotmail.com

550 BhaveshPatel at hotmail.com... Host unknown (Name server: mailhost.ttl: host
not found)

Can u suggest how to set it onto UNIX side ? Or can u point me where can I get
this help (on net) ?

Thanks and Regards,

Bhavesh Patel
Tata Telecom Ltd