[Sunhelp] Should I ever reboot a Solaris box if I don't need to?

John Kennedy jkennedy at orent.com
Wed Sep 6 14:08:31 CDT 2000

Robert,
You need to look at 2 things:
1) You've been hacked, rootkitted and someone is having fun with your
server...
2) You have SERIOUS system configuration problems or other application
issues.

Hal,
I know of a windoze box that has been running for a year with only 1 or
2 BSOD's/reboots.  Then again there is literally no software other than
the O/S and the only thing the users does is play MP3's...

John