[Sunhelp] Anybody using SunPCi with u30?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Sep 6 02:49:30 CDT 2000

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Anybody else using a SunPCi card with an U30?  If so, what do you do about
> there not being a "rail slot" to hold up the end of the full-length PCI
> card?
>
> ANybody know where you can get some of the "foam" similar to what's on
> the inside of a portion of the U60 case, or all over the inside of an
> Netra NFS box?  Maybe I can glue a block of that to the bottom inside
> of the U30's case to "prop up" the SunPCi card.. because right now you
> can look at the card and SEE that its curved downward from its own
> weight.

I used an extremely low-tech solution for the SunPCi in my AXi.  I took a
2x2 Duplo plastic block, stuck a square of double-stick foam tape on one
side and stuck the whole thing to the bottom of the case near where the
card ends.  Props the whole thing up neatly, and spreads the lifting force
out more than an edge rail would.

Does the U30 have enough room for the SunPCi to fit into the lowest PCI
slot or would it run into the case?

-James