[Sunhelp] Startup Help

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 11:23:49 CDT 2000

You need to create a script and place it in your /etc/rc2.d or rc3.d
directory. In these directories you will see scripts named SXXname, where XX
is the sequence number followed by the name of the script (e.g S91apache). I
beleive the newer apache distributions come with a sample script that can be
copied to these directories, otherwise look at the other scripts to get an
idea of how to write it.

FYI: These are called the run control scripts. Each time you move to a
different run level the scripts in the corresponding run control directory
that start with S are executed with a start.

See man init.d for more information.