[Sunhelp] PC solaris

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue May 30 23:33:14 CDT 2000

Please, we don't like HTML email here.  (well, I don't like it, and I'm on
an email client with decent support).  Too many bad things can happen there.
Thanks.

You need the "Device Configuration Assistant" diskette, at least for Solaris
7 Intel.  IIRC (it's been a while), you boot from the floppy and put the CD
in the drive.  The diskette figures out what hardware you have, and then
procedes to the installer for Solaris.  From there on out, it's pretty much
the same as SPARC, except that you can't install 64-bit (duh).  Check on
docs.sun.com and your CD for instructions on creating that diskette.  If you
can't find anything, let me know and I'll dd an image and email it to you.
	Greg