[Sunhelp] Sol8 on SS5-110

Bruce Mitzit bmitzit at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
Sat May 27 12:42:24 CDT 2000

--============_-1252673145==_ma============

At 10:38 AM -0400 5/27/00, Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) wrote:
>caddy% catman -w
> locale is en_US, invalid manpath /usr/man/en_US
> locale is en_US, invalid manpath /usr2/opt/SoftWindows/man/en_US
>caddy% ^C

run
# catman -w
	as root
		(or do I understand the problem completely wrong?)

briefly--

Maintenance Commands                                   catman(1M)

NAME
     catman - create the formatted files for the reference manual

SYNOPSIS
     /usr/bin/catman  [ -c ]  [ -n ]  [ -p ]  [ -t ]  [ -w  ]   [
     -M directory ]  [ -T macro-package ]  [ sections ]

DESCRIPTION
     The catman  utility creates the preformatted versions of the
     on-line  manual  from  the  nroff(1) or sgml(5) input files.

	*vital*information*sparing*you*from*disaster*deleted

OPTIONS
     The following options are supported:

     -c        Create  unformatted  nroff  source  files  in  the
               appropriate  man  subdirectories  from  the   SGML
               sources. This option will overwrite  any  existing

SunOS 5.7           Last change: 27 Feb 1998                    1

Maintenance Commands                                   catman(1M)

               file  in the man directory of the same name as the
               SGML file.

     -n        Do not create (or recreate) the  windex  database.
               If the -n option is specified, the windex database
               is not created and the apropos , whatis , man  -f,
               and man  -k commands will fail.

     -p        Print what would be done instead of doing it.

     -t        Create troffed entries in the appropriate fmt sub-
               directories instead of nroff ing into the cat sub-
               directories.

     -w        Only create the windex database that  is  used  by
               whatis(1)  and  the  man(1) -f and -k options.  No
               manual reformatting is done.

     -M directory
               Update  manual  pages  located  in  the  specified
               directory, (/usr/share/man by default). If the  -M
               option is specified, the directory  argument  must
               not  contain  a `,' (comma), since a comma is used
               to delineate section numbers. See man(1).

     -T macro-package
               Use macro-package in place of the standard  manual
               page macros, ( man(5) by default).

At 10:38 AM -0400 5/27/00, Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) wrote:
>caddy% catman -w
> locale is en_US, invalid manpath /usr/man/en_US
> locale is en_US, invalid manpath /usr2/opt/SoftWindows/man/en_US
>caddy% ^C
>caddy%

</color></fontfamily>run=20

# catman -w=20

	as root

		(or do I understand the problem completely wrong?)

briefly--

Maintenance Commands                                   catman(1M)

NAME

     catman - create the formatted files for the reference manual

SYNOPSIS

     /usr/bin/catman  [ -c ]  [ -n ]  [ -p ]  [ -t ]  [ -w  ]   [

     -M directory ]  [ -T macro-package ]  [ sections ]

DESCRIPTION

     The catman  utility creates the preformatted versions of the

     on-line  manual  from  the  nroff(1) or sgml(5) input files.

	*vital*information*sparing*you*from*disaster*deleted

OPTIONS

     The following options are supported:

     -c        Create  unformatted  nroff  source  files  in  the

               appropriate  man  subdirectories  from  the   SGML

               sources. This option will overwrite  any  existing

SunOS 5.7           Last change: 27 Feb 1998                    1

Maintenance Commands                                   catman(1M)

               file  in the man directory of the same name as the

               SGML file.

     -n        Do not create (or recreate) the  windex  database.

               If the -n option is specified, the windex database

               is not created and the apropos , whatis , man  -f,

               and man  -k commands will fail.

     -p        Print what would be done instead of doing it.

     -t        Create troffed entries in the appropriate fmt sub-

               directories instead of nroff ing into the cat sub-

               directories.

     -w        Only create the windex database that  is  used  by

               whatis(1)  and  the  man(1) -f and -k options.  No

               manual reformatting is done.

     -M directory

               Update  manual  pages  located  in  the  specified

               directory, (/usr/share/man by default). If the  -M

               option is specified, the directory  argument  must

               not  contain  a `,' (comma), since a comma is used

               to delineate section numbers. See man(1).

     -T macro-package

               Use macro-package in place of the standard  manual

               page macros, ( man(5) by default).

At 10:38 AM -0400 5/27/00, Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) wrote:

>caddy%
catman -w

 locale is en_US, invalid manpath /usr/man/en_US

 locale is en_US, invalid manpath /usr2/opt/SoftWindows/man/en_US

caddy% ^C

caddy%

<bold>From:   </bold>Bruce Mitzit
[SMTP:bmitzit at vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu]

<bold>Sent:   </bold>Saturday, May 27, 2000 9:55 AM

<bold>To:     </bold>sunhelp at sunhelp.org

<bold>Cc:     </bold>'sunhelp at sunhelp.org'

<bold>Subject:        </bold>RE: [Sunhelp] Sol8 on SS5-110

catman -w ?

<bold>Sent:   </bold>Friday, May 26, 2000 3:04 PM

<bold>To:     </bold>sunhelp at sunhelp.org

wrote:

> Do you need to install as 64 bit or is there a way to boot at 64 bit?
 If so

> how do you boot at 64?  boot -s -64?=20

"man boot"

Bill

--

|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |

| mrbill at sunhelp.org | mrbill at mrbill.net |

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org

ine>

mily>