[Sunhelp] Sol8 on SS5-110

Kevin Stevens Kevin_Stevens at Bigfoot.com
Sat May 27 08:12:17 CDT 2000

You're asked during the installation script if you want to install 64bit
support - I don't know how it actually gets enabled.  psrinfo -v reports cpus
and speed.

KeS
-----Original Message-----
From: sunhelp-admin at sunhelp.org [mailto:sunhelp-admin at sunhelp.org]On Behalf Of
Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris)
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2000 05:19
To: 'sunhelp at sunhelp.org'
Subject: RE: [Sunhelp] Sol8 on SS5-110

I was asking if there was some kind of setup when you installed the software,
Does it say "do you want to install this as 32 bit or 64 bit?"
Or is it just some kind of boot command like boot -s or pehaps a default set
from the OK prompt?
I am interested because we have some machines loaded with 2.7 and I'd like to
see if the CAD software
makes use of the 64 bit speed.
Also since I don't happen to have any idea - how do you tell what speed a
machine is presently running at?