[Sunhelp] stop A on non-Sun keyboard

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu May 25 13:41:55 CDT 2000

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Ayson, Alison {Info~Palo Alto} wrote:

> I recently posted a question asking what was the equivalent of a Stop-A on a
> non-sun keyboard.  Many replied that I try either "break" or "ctrl-break".
> Unfortunately none of these options worked.  Someone else suggested trying
> ~# but that also did not work.

The answer is that it depends on what you are connecting through.  Check
the documentation for your terminal server to see what it takes to make it
send a break signal down the serial link.

On a Livingston/Lucent Portmaster, this can be done by sending a telnet
break ("send brk" at a telnet> prompt).

-James