[Sunhelp] stop A on non-Sun keyboard

Ayson, Alison {Info~Palo Alto} ALISON.AYSON at ROCHE.COM
Thu May 25 12:48:09 CDT 2000

I recently posted a question asking what was the equivalent of a Stop-A on a
non-sun keyboard.  Many replied that I try either "break" or "ctrl-break".
Unfortunately none of these options worked.  Someone else suggested trying
~# but that also did not work.

Basically what I'm trying to do is set up a remote console for all of our
Sun servers.  I want to be able to reboot a machine from home.  I have been
able to get a Sun server connected to my terminal server and reboot using
the "reboot" command.  I don't lose my connection to the Sun during the
reboot and I see the whole reboot sequence, just as if I was logged onto the
console.  However I know that there will be times that I will need to use
"Stop-A".  I will most likely be trying to execute the stop-A from my PC at
home (logged into the console terminal server via telnet).  For the life of
me I cannot figure out how to emulate a stop-A from my PC keyboard.
There's got to be someone out there who's already doing the same thing???
Any ideas ??

Thanks!

   --- Alison