[Sunhelp] New Master NIS server

ward at zilla.nu ward at zilla.nu
Wed May 24 14:48:58 CDT 2000

I'd remake the db files, just to play it safe.  You absolutely have to do so if
you are changing byte order when you change systems (ie:  Intel to PPC).  I
haven't ever experienced any problems, though.  I keep the master around as a
slave for a while, just to keep folks happy (we usually broadcast for service,
but some folks use a list).

Reagen

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 11:39:45AM -0700, Winky Wanky wrote:

> Hello ,
>
>   Just go in a new server and wanted to have it take the place of a current
> NIS master server.  Can anyone point me to any helpful documentation or give
> me any pointers on such a migration?
>
> Thanks

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
	-- John Lehman, Secretary of the US Navy 1981-1987