[Sunhelp] ?: How to modify the default configuration for CDE desktop

Jarrett Carver solarboyz1 at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 06:17:57 CDT 2000

Look at the files under /usr/dt/config (which will tell you to copy them to
/etc/dt before editing). These files are responsible for the CDE
configuration. The main file you want to look at is
/usr/dt/config/C/sys.dtwmrc (if you are using a different language package
you may not have a C direcotry, it may be called somthing else). I would
suggest looking at all the files so you get an understanding of how CDE
set's itself up and configures itself at startup. This will help when you go
to make customizations. Almost all the configuration files are well
commented to help in editing them.