[Sunhelp] PC disk in Sun

ward at zilla.nu ward at zilla.nu
Tue May 23 10:34:48 CDT 2000

Did the dd bit (cat /dev/zero | dd of=/dev/rdsk/cNtNdNs2 bs=512k) and all is
fine.  It was able to write the VTOC and all that.  Thanks for all the help,
folks!

Of course, now I have to figure out how to get it to find a boot-file.  If the
boot-file eeprom setting is blank and the device is set properly, shouldn't it
just work?  It complains about not finding the file to boot.  I'll play with it
tonight, give it some hard parameters.

Reagen

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 05:56:21AM -0400, Fuerst, Robert C. (Chris) wrote:
> what about newfs?

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
	-- John Lehman, Secretary of the US Navy 1981-1987