[Sunhelp] PC disk in Sun

Dennis L. Lund dllund at hermes.nextel.com
Mon May 22 17:15:54 CDT 2000

I had a problem with a Seagate dive that I could not get to work about
a year and a half ago.  Turned out the problems was with the drive.  When
the drive was to be used in a PC, it had a switch or something set for
"read-ahead caching".  When the drive was put in a Sun, it would not work.
This had to be change with a script from Seagate web page to turn of read-
ahead caching.

This may not be the problem you are having, but who knows.

Dennis L. Lund
Sun System Administrator
(678)291-3519  i(678)300-6071 p(888)640-8265
e-mail: dllund at hermes.nextel.com