[Sunhelp] PC disk in Sun

ward at zilla.nu ward at zilla.nu
Mon May 22 13:36:36 CDT 2000

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 12:08:40PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> When you run "format", you need to go into "partition" and then tell it
> to label the disk - just formatting the disk wont do this.

Unfortunately, I've tried that as well.  In fact, just using the format/verify
deal creates a basic partition set, but label still doesn't write it.  Alas.  I
can only assume that maybe the old DOS/Win part info is in the way.  I'll try to
find sfdisk and/or try just using dd to whack it.  In fact, I'd like to dd an
existing disk's part info anyway, so that's not a bad idea.

Thanks for everything, folks!

Reagen