[Sunhelp] Stop-A on a non-Sun keyboard???

BSD Bob bobkey at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu
Fri May 19 14:28:09 CDT 2000

> | Does anyone know the equivalent keys for "stop-A" on a non-sun
> | keyboard...such as a VT100 ??
> |
> | We are trying to set up a terminal server with several SUNS, SGI's and HP's
> | connected.  I can't get stop-A to work (there is no "stop" key).  Anyone
> | have any ideas?
>
> There should be a "break" key.
>
> Try hitting that, or conmtrol-break.

Let's add some confusion to the mix and say we are using a DEC VT510
terminal with a plain PC keyboard (IBM MCA PS/2 thing).  What does one
use then to force the break?  The PC break does not key the VT510
correctly....(:+{{.....  I know, get a real terminal like a Wyse or
Televideo.....or a real VT510 DEC keyboard.....(:+{{....., but I was
wondering if there was some keystroking from the PC keyboard that would
do it.

Bob