[Sunhelp] SunPCi card

Frank Sommers fsommers at nowcom.com
Tue May 16 18:07:19 CDT 2000

Well, I'm about to give up on this SunPCi card: the PC side (Windows) is
not able to communicate with the Solaris side! I followed the guidelines
of configuring routing where

a) pc side:
add route SOLARIS.ADDRESS mask 255.255.255.0 ROUTER.ADDRESS metric 1

b) solaris side:
add route PC.ADDRESS ROUTER.ADDRESS

c) router:
add route PC.ADDRESS ROUTER.ADDRESS
add route SOLARIS.ADDRESS ROUTER.ADDRESS

But it does not work. Both windows and solaris are able to ping the
router, but not each other. Besides, I don't understand in the first place
why I have to even use a router when both the PC and the Solaris system
are on the same network (heck, they're in the same box, using the same
Ethernet card!).

As I saw some posts from people owning one of these cards, I would really
appreciate any suggestions or comments as to how I could make this work.

Thanks,

Frank Sommers