[Sunhelp] Java muxer shared library problem and bash problem

Zander, Mark Mark.Zander at mezzia.com
Tue May 16 14:04:40 CDT 2000

Hi all,

First I have to tell you that I am new to Solaris and have been away from
administering Unix for a few years so I am a bit rusty.

Can anyone help me with this:

We are using Solaris 7 trying to get a Weblogic server running correctly.
We add the path to the correct librarys in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable, but when we try to start the server we get the message that the
library does not exist.  When I try the same thing as root it works fine.
Everyone has read-execute acces the the entire path and file.  Any ideas?

Also, when I set a user's shell to bash, that user can no longer ftp into
the mchine - they get the error: Login incorrect.  What is causing that?

TIA!!
-----
Mark Zander     ===> Mark.Zander at mezzia.com
Unix System Admin