[Sunhelp] /etc/syslog.conf doesn't; Sol8

Kevin Stevens kevin_stevens at hotmail.com
Mon May 15 18:30:44 CDT 2000

Ok, I have things kind of working now, and perhaps a notion about why they
weren't before.

If I just use a line like:

news.info                                    /var/log/news

it seems to work.  I *think* what is happening is that the
entries are being interpreted in order, and each of them
overrides the next.  So my first line below is equivalent to

news.err                                     /var/log/news

and since I wasn't seeing any errors I wasn't seeing any logging?

If that's the case, I'm not sure how I send .info messages to
one file and .err messages to another, though.

KeS