[Sunhelp] SPARCstation 10/20 or Ultra?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu May 11 04:47:33 CDT 2000

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 01:11:23AM -0700, Paul Khoury wrote:
> And what are basic Ultra 1's going for now (besides the former sunhelp.org
> server)?
> Thanks,
> Paul

AFAIK, for a "loaded" system (128mb/4gig/keyboard/mouse/framebuffer of some
sort), this is what I've seen lately for Ultra price ranges:

(All prices are approximate)

U1/140:  $750
U1/140E: $850
U1/170:  $950
U1/170E: $1050
U1/200:  $1300
U1/200E: $1500

For barebones system, subtract $200-250.

Of course, these prices will change depending on who (or what vendor)
you get  your system from.

A u1/200E and a base-level Ultra 5 are about the same price now, and
actually, they're about the same performance (My U1/200E was *faster*
than my Ultra 5/270 due to the difference in L2 cache size and being
all-SCSI).

Bill (spending the evening installing/upgrading IRIX 6.5 to 6.5.7 for
 the fiancee..)

--
|   Bill Bradford    |   Austin, Texas   |