[Sunhelp] MP3 Player using an LX

S Condit s.condit at unite.net
Tue May 9 04:06:51 CDT 2000

On the subject of using an LX as an MP3 player - I've tried this
using  Solaris 2.6 as the OS and using a variety of players (mpg123 is the
most cpu efficient I could find). I've nfs mounted the mp3 directory and
tried using http to transfer the files using Rimps (Check freshmeat.net for
this)

Whatever method I used to set up the box the only way I could get reliable
playback was to downsample the mp3 on playback-  playing it back at 22KHz
as it would always break up at 44KHz.

The box has 96MB BTW

Has anyone managed this reliably at 44KHz and if so how did you do it????

Stephen Condit