[Sunhelp] Automounting

Melinda Taylor melinda at phys.unsw.edu.au
Wed May 3 20:00:52 CDT 2000

Hi,

Thanks for your input, but I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

With automounted I understand that they are mounted when they are
needed and then unmounted when they are not. But if the server
which was sharing the automounted disk crashes (due to a fault totally
unrelated to autmounting) is there some way to make the other server,
which had a disk autmounted at the time of the other servers crash,
to just unmount the disk and not freak out and freeze also?

Ta :)

Melinda