[Sunhelp] How to connect a modem

Wayne Schmieder wschmied at CellNet.com
Tue May 2 22:28:29 CDT 2000

You could use tip or CU. Another possibility would be to configure a
dial-on demand connection from  the serial port of a router.  We use
numerous paging scripts on our sites.  The way we connect is via a
Livingston portmaster.  We use an expect script to identify the pagee, pass
system codes, and escalate paging.  There are several paging programs
available, some free, these may handle the modem configuration from the
serial port.
-----Original Message-----
From:	Dean Sullinger [SMTP:ds at primenet.com]
Sent:	Tuesday, May 02, 2000 11:00 AM
To:	sunhelp at sunhelp.org
Cc:	ds at primenet.com
Subject:	[Sunhelp] How to connect a modem

Could someone let me know where I can get some instructions
on how to get an external modem to work with Solaris?

I would like to place a US Robotics Sportster 28.8 external
modem on my Ultra 5 with Sol 7.  Once I get it working and
it test out ok, I would then like to move it over to our
E3500 with Sol 2.6.

We need to get our Netview 6000 software to page us.

Thanks, any help would be great.

Dean Sullinger
ds at primenet.com

SunHELP maillist  -  SunHELP at sunhelp.org