[Sunhelp] SunPCi card does not diplay anything any more

Bart D'hoore Bart.D'hoore at lhs.be
Tue May 2 12:41:10 CDT 2000

Dear all,

A couple of weeks ago, we had a strange phenomenon on our SunPCi cards (plug-in
cards for running PC applications). They are used in Ultra 5 workstations
running Solaris 7. When closing the MS Windows sessions and stopping the PC, we
suddenly could not restart the PC any more: when launching the sunpci software,
there is a message displayed saying "Opening a SunPCi window...", but no window
appears and no other error message is displayed. I tried just about everything:
changing the SunPCi card, re-installing the sunpci software from scratch,
updating the boot prom of the Ultra5 to the latest version. Simply nothing
helps. Does anyone have a clue what I could try next? Sun support is not a lot
of help either: they provided a new card, but it does not work. We just received
2 additional brand new workstations and they have the same problem.

Regards,

Bart.