[Sunhelp] Configuring Networking

Phil Brutsche pbrutsch at creighton.edu
Mon May 1 14:37:11 CDT 2000

> Hi,
> I have installed the OS and am trying to configure it for networking. I am
> able to see the machines on the local network, but I am not able to go out
> of the local network.
> I have configured /etc/defaultrouter, /etc/resolv.conf.

Did you try rebooting?  (Yes, I know this isn't Windows, but unless you've
had training in Solaris, it might be the best way to get something to
work)

> What other file shld I be looking at to get my machine to look at hosts on
> other networks. I am neither able to ping using hostnames nor ip's to the
> outside network.

A good place to start would the the output of the command 'netstat -r' -
that command prints out the kernel routing table.

> Also, I would like to mirror the HDD's using DiskSuite from Sun, I can get
> the software installed but seem to get lost after that with the metabases
> and stuff. I need to have at least one metabse to work with is what I have
> figured out, but how do I get it up?!! :)

Sorry, can't help there.

Phil Brutsche					pbrutsch at creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein