[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 libkrb?

Brian Scanlan singer at redbrick.dcu.ie
Thu Mar 30 02:06:41 CST 2000

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 10:40:39AM -0800, Kevin Stevens wrote:
> I've DLed qpopper in a prepackaged format to allow my internal machines to
> POP their mail (sendmail is running just fine - well, ok anyway on the
> Sparc).  It installs fine, but fails on execution with the message:
>
> ld.so.1: /usr/local/lib/popper: fatal: libkrb.so.1: open failed: No such
> file or directory
>
> Lovely.  FIND / -name libkrb.so.1 finds nothing on the system.  Man libkrb
> says that it should be part of SUNWcsl or SUNWarc.  Pkginfo says that both
> packages are completely and correctly installed.
>
> Next?

Get the source code, and compile without kerberos enabled.

Or you could go with a different POP3 server.

http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/daemons/pop3.html
has one or two POP3 servers.

I've used
ftp://ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/packages/cucipop/
happily before.

How about getting smarter, and getting an IMAP server though.
http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/daemons/imap.html

No plain text passwords pointlessly going across the network, security bonus.

Incidentally, libkrb ain't installed on a Solaris Early Access box I've access
to, yet it's on my Solaris 7 11/99 Sparc box here.

Brian.
--
How can I, that girl standing there,   |
My attention fix                       |