[Sunhelp] DUMP: Warning - cannot read sector...

Howard Hurst howard.hurst at UnitedAdvertising.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 04:28:05 CST 2000

Hi,

Can anyone help me resolve this error message I keep getting when doing a
backup?

DUMP: Warning - cannot read sector 193912 of `/dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s3'

I'm running Solaris 2.6

SunSolve (SRDB ID 16305) suggests this problem "COULD BE that the size of
this filesystem in this volume does not match the size of the filesystem."
It suggests running these commands...

fstyp -v /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s3|head -30|grep ncg

then

vxprint -g newdg -vt c0t0d0s3

This is all well and good but my system has never heard of the vxprint
command!

Can anyone give me any help so I can resolve this problem?

Cheers,

Howard.
______________

IMPORTANT. Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of United News & Media. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender
immediately. It should be noted that any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.