[Sunhelp] Storage Array Question

David Eisner cradle at Glue.umd.edu
Fri Mar 17 10:31:08 CST 2000

[ I believe this was clobbered when I first sent it during the brief
  sendmail problem ]

Hi.

We have a SPARCstorage Array Model 100 raid array connected to
an Ultra 2 running Solaris 2.5.  It uses "SPARCstorage Array Software
and SPARCstorage Volume Manager 2.3".  A fibre-optic cable connects a
fibre-channel optical module (FC/OM) on an SBUS card in the server
to an FC/OM module in the storage array.

So, we'd like to upgrade the server to Solaris 2.6.  The question is,
what software will we need to support the storage array, ideally
without losing any data?

We have the Sun StorEdge RAID Manager 6.1.1 software -- we use this with
an A1000 hooked up to a Solaris 2.6 server.  Will this software
also support the SSA 100 on the Ultra 2?

Thanks in advance for your time.

-David

David Eisner            | E-mail: cradle at eng.umd.edu |
CALCE EPSC              | Phone:  301-405-5341       |
University of Maryland  | Fax:    301-314-9269       |