[Sunhelp] RAID Manager or SparcStorage Array 114

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Thu Mar 16 14:47:25 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Steven Levin wrote:

| Complicated things --
|
| I have recently gotten a refurbished SSA-114.  While a copy of SEVM 2.5 was
| included (which is a bit of an issue, since it doesn't support 64 bit 2.7,
| it appears), I would prefer to take advantage of the hardware RAID inside he
| SSA.

Alternatively, you can boot a 32bit kernel on your Sun box by setting the
PROM boot-file to kernel/unix

But even with that, there's no guarantee that even the 32bit driver will
be compatable with sol7.

| It's my understanding this requires RAID Manager 6.1 -- am I correct?  And I
| take it there's no way to get this other than by having the reseller (even
| though it wouldn't be useful software without the array)

RM6 (the latest version is 6.22) is included with all StorEdge RAID
products. I would try calling Sun or your VAR and asking for a CD.

RM6 /should/ work with the SSA, but I cant be certain. Sorry I cant give
you a exact solution, but it looks like you're going to be left with at
least some experimentation to see what combo works :)

/dale