[Sunhelp] Anybody know what this is?

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Mar 1 17:32:32 CST 2000

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Fred Dikeman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sun: 370-1388
> Mfg'd by Ross
>
> I've got three mbus modules that I beleive came out of a 330, 603 or
> 690MP server.
> They are single slot modules that plug into the motherboard just as a
> processor would.
> I've been told that they are cache memory modules.

SM100 modules.  If they're -07 or below they are AMP only and are
essentially worthless.  Higher revs are just barely usable.  These were
the first MBus modules produced, pre-SuperSparc.

Each one has 2 40MHz CPU's, but they're far slower than SM40 SuperSparc
modules.  I wouldn't pay $5/ea for them, but I have seen some absolute
morons (read: Ebay buyers) pay far more.

-James