[Sunhelp] Cannot start CDE - hangs at the welcome screen

Steve Pribyl spribyl at enteract.com
Fri Mar 31 13:36:53 CST 2000

I have goofyness like this when there are problems resolving IP addresses
and names.
Check your host file/DNS file/IP Traslators etc to make sure that the name
of the box and its ip addresses can be resolved.
You may need to reboot the box or restart CDE(?, don't know specific of
CDE).

Currently on my HP I can re-login after starting an ppp session and
logining out.  I have not yet fixed this, it is something about being able
to resolve the ppp ip address to the correct host name.  I my case there
is none so when CDE trys to figure out what the name of the host is from
the ppp IP it has found it bails.

I hope this helps.

Steve Pribyl
spribyl at enteract.com