[Sunhelp] Restoring a server remotely

Steve Pribyl spribyl at enteract.com
Fri Jul 28 13:37:44 CDT 2000

I did something like that on HP's.  Each HP server had a HP support tools
cd permently loaded in the drive.  I also had a modem connected to the
remote console on each system.  When a system broke the local guy just
turned the key to support and I could dial into the console.  I think we
did something like this for some NCR servers too.  The important this is
to have a dial up line to the console.  Having boot media is also really
important.

I never had a complete disater but did use this system to fix some minor
problems.

Steve Pribyl
spribyl at enteract.com
http://www.enteract.com/~spribyl