[Sunhelp] a pain in the as

Dan Jameyson jameyson at amist.org
Fri Jul 28 03:23:39 CDT 2000

I was just messing with the gcc dev tree; had some dump problems. So,
hey, I figured, I'll just go back to 2.95.2 and everything will be fine;
muhahahahaha, such wonderful last words.

The problem was with gnu's ld and as (this is on an ultra5 sol8.br). So
I just cleared them out of /usr/local/bin and went with the utils in
/usr/ccs/bin instead (gcc -v will show which assembler and linker it's
using). I've also found that gcc doesn't do ultrasparc (v9) asm worth a
ding... you can "generate" what seems to resemble v9 code, and you can
assemble it and link it all up as 64b-elf with ultrasparcII extensions,
yet alas, Bus Error... core dump...

Perhaps when someone comes out with a free 64b compiler package (sigh).

--
Dan Jameyson (jameyson at amist.org)                    www.amist.org
President and Chairman of the Board of Directors