[Sunhelp] a pain in the as

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Thu Jul 27 23:34:20 CDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Jonathan Eisch wrote:

| so, what do I do now?  Do I get someones as and just copy over mine?  (if
| yes, please send a copy)  Should I go the gnu as way? (if yes, please say
| so) or should I panic (already am)?  or is thereg that would work better?

<already replied privately in email with the fix>

You generally want to /stay away/ from mixing GNU binutils and
Solaris. For one, to install GNU binutils (the package that contains GNU's
as, nm, ar and friends) is pretty redundant. Also, they dont offer some of
the features that the CCS packages offer, like the ability to produce
64bit objects on ultrasparcs. I would also think that the objects would be
of better quality, as well.

/dale