[Sunhelp] a pain in the as

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Thu Jul 27 23:05:44 CDT 2000

Hi All,

I was working on building the GNU gcc, and I got core dumps, and then I
read the target specific release notes and noticed that I had installed a
patch (107058-01) that broke /usr/css/bin/as as far as gcc is concerned
(that is under Solaris 7-sparc).  I installed the patch in the good ol'
days when I thought nothing could go wrong and that it was just 'cool' to
instal patches, so I dindn't do that backout thing.

so, what do I do now?  Do I get someones as and just copy over mine?  (if
yes, please send a copy)  Should I go the gnu as way? (if yes, please say
so) or should I panic (already am)?  or is thereg that would work better?

Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

--
jon eisch