[Sunhelp] root filesystem is full

Hoang, Tram (DIS) TramH at DIS.WA.GOV
Tue Jul 25 18:04:47 CDT 2000

Hello!

My root file system is full and I have performed the following and still
have not resolved why root is at 100%:

Check the /dev/rmt directory.
Check /dev for large files.
"find / -mount -name "core" -exec ls -l {}
"find / -mount -name "*" -exec ls -l > /BIG_DISK/findlog {} \;"

--could not find any files that could be taking up the disk space

Here are some other symptoms that have been recurring:

When I reboot the system message sits at "Setting default interface for
multicast" --- for about 3 minutes
Then I log on and the console hangs for about 3 minutes before it comes up
If I logoff and log back into the console it comes up instantly. I have also
performed a fsck on root and it comes back okay.  This is an enterprise 250
server Solaris 7. Thank you!