[Sunhelp] rgrep

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzy.com
Tue Jul 25 16:23:57 CDT 2000

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 03:31:22PM -0400, Rick Ridgeway wrote:

| anyone know where I can find rgrep?
| ive tried sunfreeware.com and gnu.org...

There's nothing special about rgrep that you can't do with tools
already on your system.

   find . -type f -print | xargs grep foobar

and similar things will probably do everything you want rgrep for, and
will do it almost as efficiently.  xargs is so simple, yet so useful ...

As for where to get it, I don't know.  I can't seem to find a home
site for it.  It's included with RedHat 6.2, so you probably get it's
source code from ftp.redhat.com and extract rgrep's and get it to
compile on Solaris.

Personally, I wouldn't try too hard - just use find/xargs/grep and be
happy.

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzy.com
yipyipyipyipyipyipyipyipyip <bang!> NO TERRIER