[Sunhelp] Strange find behavior

Kalusniak, Jeff jkalusniak at goliathfalls.com
Mon Jul 24 13:35:52 CDT 2000

Here's a wierd one!

If I do a "find /local/logs -name *log"  I get no files listed
on server1.  If I do "find /local/logs -name *.log"  (notice
the (.) period in the second version) I see the log files.

On server2, both commands produce the same file listing.

To recap, on server1, the *log qualifier produces no file listing.
But, the *.log qualifier does.  On server2, they both produce
the file listing.

Server1 and Server2 are identical (Or so I thought) 2.6 machines.
The have the same log files, etc.

Any ideas?????  Must be a setting somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Kalusniak
Goliath Falls Inc.