[Sunhelp] gnuplot library problem (updated)

Tom Jones tjones at statesman.com
Mon Jul 24 12:34:34 CDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Jones <tjones at statesman.com>
To: Sunhelp <sunhelp at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 11:12 AM
Subject: [Sunhelp] gnuplot library problem

> I just installed gnuplot3.5 on Solaris 2.6
>
> When I invoke gnuplot I get the following error regarding a missing library:
> /usr/local/bin/gnuplot: fatal: libX11.so.6.1: open failed: No such file or directory
>
> Here's my LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting:
> /usr/local/sybase/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
>
> Is there a link I'm missing or a library I need to install?
>
> Thanks!
> Tom Jones

I resolved the problem by downloading the 3.7 version of gnuplot and compiling it myself.
I had downloaded a pre-packaged version of 3.5 previously.  gnuplot is now executing
but I need to create output that I can post to a webpage.  Looks like GIF is out of the
question and I'm having problems creating the required libraries for PNG.

Tom