[Sunhelp] finding out serial #

George Munk munkg at iomega.com
Thu Jul 20 15:29:58 CDT 2000

On most SGI desktop systems that I have experience with (Indy, Indigo2, O2,
Octane but not Indigo), the system serial number is the Ethernet MAC address.
When hardware has been exchanged due to failure, the replacement system has had
the original's MAC address/serial number.

% nvram eaddr
08:00:69:uv:wx:yz

Serial number = 080069uvwxyz

George Munk