[Sunhelp] rc files

Cardinal Christopher Christopher.Cardinal at sms.siemens.com
Wed Jul 19 15:28:34 CDT 2000

In Solaris 7, in /etc/rc2.d there are many K* and S* scripts that are run
when system enters state 2 (on it's way to 3.) There are two other scripts
in this directory that begin with "r" that are being run. I can't figure out
how they are being run (from where?) The startup script rc2 does not call
it, as far as I can tell--it only calls K* with stop and S* with start and
/etc/rc.d/*--which does not exist. Can someone help point out what I am
missing, ie what else could call scripts normally? Thanks.

Chris