[Sunhelp] Solaris 8 printing

Karl Rossing karl.rossing at federated.ca
Mon Jul 17 10:42:48 CDT 2000

--------------2F91DB2FF7C434F5733F6BDB

We have Alot of LaserJet 5 printers(PCL only printers). When we print
text documents on the printers, the printer seems to ignore the carriage
returns and line feeds under solaris 8.

We have found, that under LPRng that we can fix this using rp=text in
/etc/printcap on a linux box.

I could replace system V printing on solaris 8 with LPRng, but i don't
want to.

Is there an equivalant of rp=text in the solaris /etc/printers.conf? Or
do i need to create a print filter?

Karl
--------------2F91DB2FF7C434F5733F6BDB

begin:vcard
n:Rossing;Karl
tel;work:204-786-6431 Ext 358
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.federated.ca
org:Federated Insurance Companies of Canada
adr:;;717 Portage Ave;Winnipeg;Mb;R3C 3C9;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:karl.rossing at federated.ca
title:Technical Services
fn:Karl Rossing